Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Kid's Clothes Week Challenge

Elsie Marley is hosting a Kid's Clothes Week Challenge. She asks us to sew ONE HOUR per day for our kids. If you're anything like me, you have TONS of sewing "wants" on the docket. Unfortunately, the idea (and sometimes the supplies) is about as far as I get. It's time to finish up all of those started projects, and attempt some new ones in my crafty folder.

First Up: Dana's Warhol Dress
 
over at MADE
The Goodnow Hall t-shirt has a lot of memories for us. My husband worked there when we met, it was our first "home" as a married couple (someone arranged to put a sign in each window of the 6 story building that read "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Van Dyke when we got home from our wedding), and it's the "home" we brought our Little Belle to after she was born. I won't wear this t-shirt, but it's sure special that Little Belle can. I attempted this dress, but it didn't gather as much as it needed to on the top. I need to fix that and shorten it before she wears it.

And, I'd like to make another one out of this Cookie Monster shirt.

2nd: Diaper Cover (again, over at MADE)
Little Belle doesn't wear a diaper anymore (Yippeee!), but she still needs an occasionally diaper cover to hide all of those Dora's on her undies. I need a white one.

3rd: Lazy Days Skirt (free pattern from oliver + s)

4th: Dahlia Headband on kojodesigns

5th: The J.Crew inspired ruffly dress on kojodesigns

I'm going to stick to 5 things on my list to get done. As a beginner sewer things take me a bit longer than originally anticipated. BUT, if I get done with these projects. There are some others I'd like to try.
Big Girl's Romper
Dana's 90-minute shirt (I swear I've had these materials for almost a year now.)
The Shirt Dress I made one last year, but it didn't quite turn out the way I anticipated. I'm hoping for better luck on the second one.

If you're feeling ambitious. Sew along with the rest of us!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment