Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Low Hemoglobin? Add meat for breakfast...

 


In talking with a group of gals recently, I learned a new way to think about mothering. The highs are very high and the lows are very low. Now my husband would say that it's so important to live your life down the middle. To keep a level head and not live in the clouds one day and in the pits the next. But, as a mom these moments are hard to avoid. "Little Belle" (as my Grandma calls her) has given me some lows lately. In one week we started an antibiotic, an estrogen cream, and an iron supplement. And of course taking this stuff isn't easy. Twice a day for each, but some with food, some without, some first thing in the a.m. an some last thing at night. Whew... we've finally figured it all out (although one is causing her teeth to turn black...awesome.)

So, the iron supplement is due to low hemoglobin levels which I'm still pretty convinced was due to her eating only her own snot for a month and not really eating much of anything else. Rest assured though, Moms out there, snot has high levels of protein which really does cause them to feel full (thanks, Sarah for that tidbit). Anyway, I was on the hunt to increase iron levels in her diet, so we could stop the supplement that is indeed causing her not-so pearly whites to become "discolored".

I LOVE Our Best Bites and they had this recipe that I have to share. O.k. so Olivia doesn't love them, but the hubs and I do.

Delicious.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment