Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting Crafty

 


A big part of why I wanted to start a blog was because upon staying home I decided I needed a hobby. My super husband agreed and bought me a shiny new sewing machine. In the past year, I have kind of developed an addiction to crafty blogs. Some of them are linked here on the right side. Just warning you. You might just get addicted once you see how easy some of these things are to do.

I will just tell you straight up that I am SO not a photographer. I need to come clean now or I will spend the rest of my bloggy time apologizing for awful photos. I'll do my best, but no guarantees...at all. And, I'll probably be taking my own pictures because I can pretty much guarantee my husband doing a photoshoot of me modeling the things I make would pretty much never happen (or at least happen with a smile).

Here we go! You can see a shirt I made for myself. I love, love, LOVE J.Crew and Anthropologie. And, I shopped there when I was single and thought I had all the $$ in the world. I now have a conscience. I've seen so many of these types of cute ruffly, textured shirts for $50.00+ AND so many ways to make my own for $5.00 that I had to give it a try. This brown shirt used to be a long-sleeved cotton shirt from Target. I think I got some bleach on the cuff, so I cut off the arms, trimmed up the neckline, and used the extra material to sew on this flowery, textury stuff.

The next pic is a sneak peek into two projects I really need to complete within the next week. So, stop by again for my first mini-tutorial mainly using the tutorials of others. : )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment