Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Teacher to Mom

Hi. I did it. I started a blog. I wanted one for just my stuff. You see, I'm a teacher gone stay-at-home mom/gone mad. I grew up playing school and really wanting nothing else than to be a teacher. When I filled out forms for college I didn't even hesitate before I wrote "education" when I designated my major. I got my degree and got my first job. Then my second. Then I met my husband and got my third job. I continued to teach when we had our daughter until my husband took a new job back "home" and I was about to have to look for job number four. Little did I know job number four would be full-time stay-at-home mom. Jobs weren't really available, and when I applied for one I didn't get it. You bet I cried. I questioned my abilities as a teacher. I struggled through feeling like a failure around people who just met me in our "new" town and around my husband who just landed his almost dream job. But, after over a year of staying home, I am starting to realize the reason why God chose THIS path for me for now. This stay-at-home, wear sweatpants more than one day a week and let myself go, mac -n- cheese crusted in my hair while at the grocery store, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment