Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh, to be 30.

Am I crazy? I'm currently living my last and final year in my 20's, but I long to be 30. Ask me again when I actually turn 30 next October, but for right now, I'm kind of tired of feeling like a kid. Maybe it's because I will continue to look like a teenager even while in my 30's, so I'm not weirded out by actually being 30. I don't know, but I'm kind of done with the 20's.

Think about all of the perceptions of a girl in her 20's that you get. Irresponsible. Doesn't understand the world even though she thinks she does. Her only real "struggle" in life is whether or not to buy the brown or black riding boots (okay, so that was a struggle I had, but hey, I'm still in my 20's). To her 401K is a lot of money. (Get it, $401,000).

I once had a boss, who hung her hat on being older than me. Really? I just want to be able to say, "I'm not young, I'm 30!" (and I like to kick and stretch and KICK).

Most of my friends are in their 30's, and I just wish I was in mine, too. Maybe a husband and a kid gives me some kind of street cred in the town of 30's?

1 comment:

  1. So funny that you quoted Sally O'Mally. I was feeling down about being thirty again this week (still lots of things I need to get done on my list) and I looked up good ole' Sally and had a laugh. I also like to kick, stretch and KICK! :) Maybe we can make it the new motto for thirty... instead of fifty.

    ReplyDelete